NEN’s mission is to take forward women’s human rights through collective action by:
- Creating a culture of peace, both inside and outside the homes, through women’s active and informed involvement
- Strengthening women’s collectives, collective action and their leadership
- Increasing women’s representation in political, public and community processes
- Addressing discrimination and violence against women in both public and domestic spheres, and ensuring safer spaces
- Protecting the environment and biodiversity through innovative initiatives, by engaging youth and women.
NEN’s vision is to build a society in the NER that upholds gender justice, equality and respect for human rights.